Saturday, October 08, 2005

Where's me washboard?

I thought I should mention that my washing machine worked perfectly today. It would be terribly unfair of me to complain on my blog when it doesn't work and then not mention it at all when it does. Three cheers for my washing machine!

What's wrong with England's football team lately, anyway? Is there some kind of rule saying that just when our cricket team start playing really well, the footballers have to get much worse? Okay, Beckham certainly didn't deserve the red card, but we didn't really deserve the penalty either, and never looked like scoring at any other time. Without Beckham against Poland we probably won't have a chance (the team always goes to pieces, seemingly as a matter of principle, whenever he's not playing), but hopefully the other results will make the Poland game academic.

In more interesting football news, Boston Utd won that game last night that I was thinking of going to but didn't. We had five players booked and two sent off, and apparently there was a fantastic goal by Joachim and a hilarious own-goal to put us 2-0 up, so it must have been fun to watch. Ah well.

Operation: p.a.r.t.y. (prepare apartment ready to ya-ya) is proceeding apace - I've picked up my pile of clothes and put them all in drawers for the first time ever. That'll make a bit more space to swing a cat in my living room, and if I move the settee out of the way, there should just about be room for everyone to fit in next Saturday. Otherwise I haven't really done anything all day, but that doesn't matter. I'll buy some cooking gear tomorrow, but since I've unexpectedly got Thursday and Friday off next week, I'll have plenty of time for preparations. Yay!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Are we going to be ya-yaing? I don't have the shoes.

Zoomy said...

I thought you had a pair of shoes for every possible eventuality!

Sam said...

I'm doing really well - I've not bought a pair of shoes for 9 months.

I shall probably have to bring 3 pairs of potential ya-ya shoes and try them out.