Friday, August 26, 2005

Trains, planes and

There really is a more boring place than the departure lounge of terminal 1 at Birmingham International Airport! It's the departure lounge of terminal 2! I didn't get round to buying a good new book for the journey this time, so I'll have to make do with re-reading The Unconsoled, by Kazuo Ishiguro. There are plenty of worse things I could be reading.

There's also cricket on little tiny TV screens dotted around the place, so I'm probably being much too harsh, calling it boring. Anyway, I probably won't get a chance to write anything while I'm in Paris, so this'll be the last entry till Sunday night, when you can expect either an account of the othello tournament or a thrilling commentary on whatever else has distracted my attention. Octopusses, maybe, and why that sounds so much better than octopi.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Could you memorise 50,000 Octopi? That would be impressive.

Zoomy said...

I'm terrible at remembering names. And octopusses almost always have names beginning with O, so there would be so many of them called the same thing, I'd never be able to memorise them all!