Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Phones - who needs them?

In the middle of eating my dinner and watching cartoons tonight, I had a phone call from my mother, of all people. This being the first time we've spoken in the best part of three years, as well as the first time she's ever phoned me for any reason, you'd think it would be the end of the world or something, but it turns out she was after the number for my brother's new flat (and hung up sharpish when I told her I hadn't got it).

It's news to me that he had a new flat, but hey, nobody tells me anything. Anyway, immediately after that, I got another phone call from RNIB, asking me to sell raffle tickets. Where they got my name, number and address I don't know, because I'm pretty sure I haven't done this kind of thing for them before, and certainly not while I've been living in my new place. But I said yes, because I can't say no to people on the phone, which is why I try not to use them. And it's in a good cause, anyway. Maybe I'll sell them to everyone at the WMC and MSO, you know, just to make myself more popular.

Anyway, after finally finishing my spaghetti bolognese, I called Grandma to see what the heck is going on. Turns out that not only did J move out all of a sudden yesterday, but she's got a new place in Wyndham Court, the old folks' home. All of which is great, although it does mean I'll be volunteering to help move lots of things from one flat to another when I should be training for the WMC in two-and-a-bit weeks.

Oh well, such is life. I could just unplug the phone and become a hermit instead, but that would be a lot more boring...

No comments: