Sunday, October 03, 2021

The AEO

That's African-European Open, if you weren't paying attention. The Memory League competition. Named after the continents for whom the time zone it takes place in is most convenient, not the people who are allowed to compete in it. It's open to everyone!

Or rather, qualifying for it is open to everyone who has already registered; I'm not suggesting people go and sign up now, because it's too late. The point I was trying to make is that I'm one of the people who has already registered, and now I'm looking forward to the qualifying tournament.

I've just been watching an episode of Miranda, sorry. That IS something everyone should do, but it does make me write in this kind of style.

Anyway, the draw for the qualifiers is here, and I've scraped into that last spot of automatically qualifying for round 4 (it's based on your scores during the previous league season, as well as how many of the people with better scores have decided to compete in this one).


So by the looks of it, a tough match against Guillaume could be coming up. I was rather hoping to have to play through the earlier rounds, to make sure I get some practice, but I think I'll just have to force myself to train seriously over the next few weeks. The winner of our match will get to go up against Andrea, and I'd like to put in a more creditable performance if I get to play him again than I did last time. But let's cross one bridge at a time, and see how the qualifying tournament goes! Keep watching!

No comments: