Monday, September 14, 2009

Brum

I'm going to Birmingham for the next couple of days, working in the big High Street store. Just for a change of scene, you know. I can't remember the last time I went to Birmingham, actually - I used to go there fairly often, but it's about twenty minutes longer on the train from Beeston than it is from Derby and somehow that tips it over the edge of 'too far away to be worth the trip'. So I'm hoping to find the city so enthralling that I want to visit more often in future. Hopefully there will be fireworks and escaped zoo animals of the non-violent kinds, and balloons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mate is working there this week. You would have met him at the Welsh Memory Championships but he tends not to get up until mid-day unless someone drags him out of bed. He promises to come next year to be and arbiter though so, if a Welshman approaches you in the street brandishing a clip-board and talking non-stop, ask him if his name is Gibbsey and then tell him off for not turning up the last time Ben :-)

Dai Griffiths