Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Look, you know perfectly well that this blog is different from other blogs. Don't complain.

It's footy on the telly tonight, and I haven't got the time or the inclination to continue my thrilling account of the world memory championships. Honestly, if I'd realised it was going to take so long to write about, I would never have started.

Besides, I need to record some things that have happened to me lately - I'm back at work, and those cool people I work with bought me a congratulatory bottle of champagne! Come to think of it, I never got so much as a card from my colleagues last time I won the world championship. Clearly I've got a great job now!

Also, I must confess something - on Saturday I left my hat on a train. As regular readers will know, this isn't exactly the first time this has happened, and it's getting a bit embarrassing now. I'll see if it's ended up in the lost property at Nottingham when I get a chance, but I might have to spend some of my WMC winnings on yet another replacement...

2 comments:

SamT said...

maybe they are just a really nice bunch of folk & last lot weren't ! It was nice they got you something & it shows they've been paying attention
I think re hats there must be a device like the elastic on your gloves as children around for hats & not loosing them

Anonymous said...

Try superglue...

BTW - the word verification actually came up with something pronounceable for me. Doesn't "Ansudge" sound like a great word?!