Sunday, March 02, 2008

I respectfully disagree

The film of The Green Mile is on ITV tonight, and I see that the Radio Times only gives it three stars, and feels that it's 'overlong' and 'sentimental'. And they give four stars to all kinds of rubbish. I saw the film in the cinema when it first came out for some reason (I practically never go to the cinema, so why I went to see this one when I normally avoid adaptations of books I like, I can't imagine) and thought it was really pretty good.

I should be the Radio Times movie critic. I'd be a good one, except that I wouldn't want to give any film a bad review in case the director read it and got upset.

And yes, I know I promised a long and interesting blog tonight, but I can't really think of anything to write. Tomorrow's entry will be three times as long as usual, and so fascinating, your head will explode. Twice.

3 comments:

Ian said...

The Green Mile is a great film! Some reviewers are just plain silly! Look forward to your next blog entry.

Anonymous said...

Of course it's not too long! How can a film be too long if the story deserves the length? And saying it's sentimental is like saying the Shawshank Redemption is sentimental. Send the reviewer to see the new Rambo film instead, I'm sure they'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Where's the Green Mile sequel? Huh...? Great movie my arse!

Rambo, Rambo, Rambo --> that's a really great movie.... Why? --> IT HAS SEQUELS!!!!! mANY mANY SEQUELS...