Monday, November 06, 2006

Proper travelogue or disorganised ramblings?

That's the dilemma facing me at the moment. It's ten past nine and I've just found out that South Park is on telly for the next hour, and two episodes I haven't seen before, too. Balanced against that is the fact that I really need to write about what I've been doing for the last five days, and if I'm going to do it justice I really ought to spend some time actually writing, rather than letting my fingers bounce randomly around the keyboard while I've got both eyes on the idiot box.

Nope, sorry, TV too compelling, got to get up tomorrow morning and go to stupid work. Tomorrow I'll write proper stuff. Rather than writing that book that I'm already so behind on.

Anyway, coming back today the woman at the security bit saw something suspicious sticking out of my badly-packed rucksack - a cheap detective kit that came free with a Fix & Foxi comic I bought (I always like to check out what Fix and Foxi are up to whenever I'm in Germany, and I bought the latest ones this time mainly because I wanted to make fun of the rather badly-translated English-language story included in one of them. That's another thing I'll do tomorrow). Anyway, this detective kit contained a cylinder of some unidentified grey powder for dusting for fingerprints, so she confiscated it. I mean, I'm all in favour of preventing people from blowing up planes, but a Fix and Foxi detective kit? That's just mean.

Oh, and if you were reading this in the hope of finding out what happened in the competitions I was in at the weekend, good has triumphed over evil. But only because I'm not allowed to refer to other people as evil any more - I came 13th out of 26 competitors in the mental calculations, which could have been a lot worse, and 6th out of 20 in the memory competition, which is absolutely awful. Still, the whole experience has given me a new perspective on the whole memory thing, which I think is quite significant. I'll tell more in due course.

Sorry if anyone feels just slightly short-changed by this blog entry.

1 comment:

James Kemp said...

I want my money back! :)