Saturday, July 15, 2006

That's better

After spending all yesterday yawning as well as feeling the usual post-memory-performance urge to resign and run away to join the circus, I stayed in bed till after midday today. Now I feel all refreshed and ready for the challenge of sitting down and getting on with training for the WMC. Absolutely have to do at least one hour-long discipline tomorrow, and then next weekend I'll try to do a full practice WMC (ie all the disciplines except things like words and dates that don't need so much work). Then there's three more weekends before the championship - my brother's coming over for one of them and another might be taken up with hanging out with other people, so time is running short. And if I work at it properly, I might still have a chance of winning. Touch wood.

I also need to clean this flat up. I've got a shiny new gas oven (should have titled this post "The New Gas Cooker Sketch") and it looks out of place amongst the filth and clutter of the rest of the living-room-cum-kitchen. It also shows temperatures in celsius, which is irritating when I'm used to gas marks. I like gas marks, they're so completely stupid. Who would invent a scale of cooker temperatures that have nothing to do with any temperature scale? And for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet, it plugs in to the electric mains. It's got one of those buttons that makes an electric spark to light the hob, but then so did the old one and that didn't plug in. I suppose I should read the manual, but I don't really want to know that badly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I touched my wood for you :).

Cheers

Anonymous said...

What the fuck?!

I never said that, -- someone is posting as me.

Zoomy said...

Calm down, people. The "Mike" in inverted commas is obviously that weirdo who calls himself Dominic O'Brien's Liver. I'm not sure what's more annoying, the impersonation or the bad double entendre...

Anonymous said...

I think he said what we're all thinking.

Anonymous said...

I apologize for all of my injustices.

Ben, please remove/delete the annoying post. Thank you.