Friday, February 10, 2006

My Own Genie

The Dandy isn't generally worth reading. It never has been, really, although it's had its moments over the years, it's always been second best to the Beano somehow. But there's a strip in it nowadays called My Own Genie which is absolutely freaking hysterical every single week. It outshines everything else in there by a long way, with its genuine wit and perfectly-timed comedy. The artwork's unconventional, in keeping with modern Dandy policy, but in this case it still manages to put the point across like it should. And the writing is in a class of its own.

I just thought I ought to mention that. No time to say anything else, off to Cambridge. I'll be back on Sunday, bloglings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - my little sister gets the comic, and when she's done reading it, I borrow it just to read that strip. It's totally hilarious - I find myself laughing out loud. I simply must find out the artist's name.

Anonymous said...

His name is Jamie smart, and he's the BEST GUY EVER.

I love my own genie ;D I hate the new dandy though, when they think that us kids love boogers and the word 'Ass' and things like that.. Now, its getting annoying.

My own genie doesnt have anything to do with it, and thats why I love it, Its pure humor! :]

Zoomy said...

Thanks! Actually, since writing this I've learned who Jamie Smart is, and even met him! And yes, he's the best guy ever.

And yes, the new Dandy really does suck, and everyone hates it. Even 'the kids'. I'm sure they'll see the error of their ways soon and change it back. Or cancel it altogether.