Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Just a band, you know

One thing I don't think I've mentioned enough on this here blog before is that I really, really love the Beatles. I'm listening to "With The Beatles" at the moment, my little collection of CDs is roughly 50% Fab Four, and I'm quite certain I spend as much time listening to their music as to every other piece of music ever recorded put together. I'm never any good at explaining why I like or dislike things, so I'm not even going to bother here, but the wonderful, imaginative music just strikes a chord with me - the early stuff that the band themselves were embarrassed by after a few years just as much as the genius later works. The whole collected musical history of the group just has a unity to it that seems too perfect to be accidental.

And yes, John Lennon is very high on my list of idols. My good friend Jimi summed it up very nicely once - he said that Lennon was, at heart, a complete bastard who really tried his hardest not to be. I think that's something we can all aspire to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great-googly-moogly! It's Zoom Zoom! I was hoping I would find something, seeing as how the good VPS has passed into the underworld. Oh, this is Mythril Knight, by the way, hee hee. Long time no see. Well, all time no see, long time no chat, I suppose.

I have no idea if you will ever read this ol' ZZ, seeing as how January was a lifetime or two ago, but hey, here's to hoping.